Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Am I Nuts?!

  1. #1
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar
    Molly obviously meant a lot to her, but she wanted you to take care of her and give her the attention she no longer has time for. She knows she is in good hands.

    Do not give her back, this type of gesture may be taken the wrong way. Do communicate with her your feeling and see what she says after you have talked to her.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Bbbren's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2003
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would take the Molly items as well, she would not have offered them if she did not want you to have them. If she changes her mind in the future you can give them back to her. They will be far better off in your care then lying somewhere in an attic.

    Brenda

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Think of it this way: would you really want children playing with a collector white-body doll? I don't let my girls touch my Molly and they are very careful girls. They have their own dolls and I don't worry about them ruining them because there is always the doll hospital. But you can't easily replace pre-mattel dolls. So if she has children, buy them a new doll just like Sis told you. Enjoy your Molly!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take Molly and keep her safe and happy. Then when (and if) your niece is old enough to appreciate her, give Molly to her and tell her the story about how you cared for Molly all the many years.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    Think of it this way: would you really want children playing with a collector white-body doll?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I may be in the minority here, but we have two white-bodied dolls (I have the Molly my late husband found me at Goodwill, and my daughter has a white-bodied Kirsten), and we most certainly both play with them.

    What good is a doll that you can't play with? That just seems so sad to me. My daughters take good care of their AGs for their age, and Kirsten was a gift from Santa before I had any clue white bodied dolls were "collector" items!

    And my Molly comes with us on car trips (then I can play with my girls, too, and it makes me feel my DH is coming along, too!)

    Linda

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep the doll, and take good care of her. Someday, when her children are old enough, offer her back. If she still tells you to keep her, keep her, but until then, just tell yourself that you're taking care of Molly for her. That way, you'll know that you aren't depriving her of something she wanted to give her children, but you also get to keep your beloved white-bodied Molly.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jennifermarym's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A while back I rescued my sister's white-body Molly from the attic and made an album of her refurbishing. I wished she would give me her Molly. Tonight she gave her to me after I told her about another E-Bay auction I lost for a white-body Molly. She has a lot of accessories, but I wouldn't take them. I took the doll and her Meet Accessories and gave her my extra Pre-Mattel Samantha and her nightgown. Yeah, smiles all around, right?

    No, I feel REALLY bad. I know I "traded" a doll, but Molly is her first doll and although she is planning on having children and I am not she still insisted on me taking her saying that she has Kirsten and now a Samantha and that if it bothers me I can buy her kids the doll of their choice when they get to that age. She says she won't "play" with her as an adult and that I can take better care of her.

    With that said as I was going through the trunk that Molly was in she remembered EVERYTHING she had for Molly, including the tiny ants that come in her camp set. Knew all the outfits she had, and even looked through the '91 catalog I have, which is something she never does.

    Now I have this doll and I don't know what to do. I feel bad and I don't think I will ever feel that she is really mine. I want to give her back, but then again I have wanted her for a while now.

    Can someone please help me with this? Do I keep her or give her back?

    Thanks in advance and I am really sorry for the long ramble, but I am beating myself up over this.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Keep Molly,You wanted her for a long time and your sister knows you will take good care of her!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If your sister is a clear headed young woman who isn't the type to be afraid of making her "true" feelings known, keep the doll. After all, she said she wanted you to have her, and it would be sort of rude to give her back. I think it will make your sister happy knowing that you will love Molly, and that she is a precious gift to you. My sister is my best friend, and I love giving her generous gifts. It is a pleasure to give!

    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Ima AG Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2003
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree with everyone else. Keep her, and wait. Make it known to your sis if she wants it back, she can always have her back. If she keeps rejecting, keep her and do what she said, buy one for your niece. Put back a dollar every now and then and someday when the child is old enough, buy her a doll. Returning the doll might be taken wrong, even if you say it was just beacuse you were feeling bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •